1st Annual Skokie's Spring Green Community Wide Event & Expo
- Organization: Skokie Chamber of Commerce, Dist. 219, Village Hall, Skokie Library and Skokie Park Dist.
- Causes: Educational, Environmental
- Date(s): Sunday, April 10, 2011 from 9:30am - 4:30pm and will be divided into two shifts.
- Contact person: Linda Bouvilom
- Phone: 847-673-0240
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.skokiespringgreening.com
Interstate All Battery Center, Skokie | First Bank and Trust / Bath Fitter | Decker Home Services | Drive Cleaning | Nicor Gas
The Skokie Chamber of Commerce, Skokie Park District, Niles Township District 219, Village of Skokie and Skokie Public Library present "Skokie's Spring Greening," Skokie's first annual communitywide green living event, featuring a trade show of green and sustainable products and services, workshops on green lifestyle choices, entertainment for all ages, and opportunities for recycling household items!
- Green entertainers, including Strictly Jug Nuts jug band, Ricky Recycle and Parker in the Park
- Green products and services trade show with local businesses and organizations
- Green lifestyle workshops and demonstrations
Drop off for Items for Reuse/Recycling: Electronic Waste (computers, monitors, printers)
Ink and Toner Cartridges
Paper for Shredding
Eye Glasses and Hearing Aids
Trashy Fashion Show
Strictly Jug Nuts
Parker in the Park
Truck Farm (film)Workshops:
Chicago Bird Collision Monitors
Safer Pest Control Project
The Talking Farm
A-Plus Pest Control, Inc.
Cartridge World - Skokie
Chiro One Wellness Center
Decker Home Services, LLC
Skokie Paint & Wallpaper, Inc.
Details of volunteer responsibilities to follow shortly.