I’m an outgoing and friendly dog who craves your attention and affection. I know I’ll make you laugh and smile often, since I’m silly and goofy throughout the day. My joyful spirit is contagious and I apply it to all my endeavors. Be it training, playing, loving, investigating or going for walks – I guess “Gusto” could be my middle name! But I have a quiet side, too. I love snuggling, chew toys, and long cozy snoozes. Yep, I have it all—wiggly, sensitive, not too big, exuberant, a sense of humor, inquisitive, joyful, smart, playful and loving. What more could you ask for?
- Boxer/Boston Terrier Mix, 1 year old, Spayed female
- ASPCA Canine-ality™ Assessment rating: Orange / Wallflower
- Medium size / weighs 35 lbs.
- Children 10 and up.
- No cats, and needs work with dogs (plays enthusiastically, and at times rude with shelter buddies). Attendance in D.O.G. Obedience class is required.
- Needs housebreaking.
- Penny is spayed, microchipped and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Penny?
Please come to C.A.R.E., 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Penny and speak to an adoption counselor. Adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
'Like' C.A.R.E. on Facebook for more pet updates and news.