Meet Nacho: High Energy, Smart and Talkative, Too!
Each week, we feature pets available for adoption from C.A.R.E. at Evanston's Animal Shelter.
Nacho, a lively young Border Collie mix, combines calm and sweetness with a high-energy personality. Nacho tends to express himself through barking--he is a Dog Of Opinions and not afraid to share them, which is why he needs to be in a single-family house rather than a condo or apartment.
Nacho is also an agile pup who loves playing with toys, especially when someone's around to toss balls for him. Inquisitive yet naive, Nacho needs help maturing, but has great promise thanks to his willing spirit.
Nacho seeks a patient person or family with both a sense of humor and willingness to work on his higher education.
- Border Collie Mix, 10 months old, neutered male
- ASPCA Canine-ality™ Assessment rating: Green / Life of the Party
- Nacho weighs about 25 lbs.
- Nacho would do best in a home with children over 6 and no cats. He needs work with dogs due to inexperience.
- Nacho must go to a family with a house due to his barking issues.
- Housebreaking: Nacho needs house-training, crate-training and a consistent schedule.
- Attendance in D.O.G. Obedience classes required.
- Nacho is neutered microchipped and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Nacho?
Please come to C.A.R.E., 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Nacho in person and speak with an adoption counselor. Adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
'Like' C.A.R.E. on Facebook for more pet updates and news.