Prop Bet: Super Bowl 2013's Wackiest Wagers
We've got the odds for some of the most unusual prop bets for Super Bowl XLVI. These make betting on the coin flip seem normal.
Betting on the Super Bowl coin flip used to be considered crazy business. Those odds are simple: 50/50. But times have changed, and people can wager on bets that have nothing to do with the Super Bowl - from whether Alicia Keys will be booed during or after her rendition of the National Anthem to how many times “Jack Harbaugh” will be shown on TV during the game. The over/under on the latter is currently at 2-and-a-half.
We've looked through these wacky bets and posted them - some with their odds - below. All bests of from Bovada.lv, a popular online gambling site. Also, we don't recommend any of these bets; we just think they're hilarious.
Please note, odds may change.
- How long will it take Alicia Keys to sing the US National Anthem? Over 2 minutes, 10 seconds or under?
- Will Alicia Keys be booed during or after her rendition of the National Anthem? (5-to-1)
- Will Alicia Keys forget or omit at least one word of the official National Anthem?
- Will Jay Z join Beyonce on stage during the Super Bowl Half Time Show?
- How many times will Jack Harbaugh be shown on TV during the game?
- How many times will Harbaugh be said during the game? (For those that don't know, both opposing coaches are brothers and their father and mother will also be at the game. The over/under is currently at 22-and-a-half.)
- How many times will the game be referred to as the “Harbaugh Bowl” or “Har Bowl” or “Super Baugh” during the game? (The over is currently at 2-and-a-half.)
- How long will the post game handshake/hug last between brothers Jim & John Harbaugh? (The over/under is currently six seconds.)
- Will any Baltimore or San Francisco player on the active roster be arrested before Super Bowl XLVII? (5-to-1 if a player is arrested.)
- What color will the Gatorade (or liquid) be that is dumped on the head coach of the winning Super Bowl team? (Yellow, 1-to-1; clear or water, 9-to-4; orange, 15-to-4; red, 13-to-2; green, 7-to-1; blue, 15-to-2.)
- If Ray Lewis is interviewed on TV after the game on the field or in the locker room how many times will he mention "God or Lord." (The over/under is currently at 3.)
- What will happen with the Dow Jones the day after the Super Bowl? (The options are “market up” or “market down.”)