UPDATED: Thursday Snow Cancellations
Keep it here for updates on all things Skokie.
Skokie Patch will update this story throughout the storm. Please check back for other important closings. Meanwhile, please feel free to drop us a line in the story comments to share your school closing information.
From the Village of Skokie:
- Public Works crews completed plowing all arterials and the center lanes of all side streets last night.
- Public Works crews plowed approximately 25% of the alleys last night, and will continue plowing alleys today. Alley plowing will be complete by midnight tonight.
- There will be no recycling collections today. Groot Industries, the Village’s recycling contractor, plans to complete Thursday recycling collections on Friday and Friday recycling collections on Saturday.
- The Village of Skokie has nearly 60 pieces of snow removal equipment, and nearly 70 crew members working to clear snow from the community. In addition, the Village has hired outside contractors with snow removal equipment to assist with the snow clearing efforts.
- Alternate side parking will remain in effect from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. through at least Friday, Feb. 4.
- On even numbered days, park on the even side of the street. Park on the odd side of the street on odd days. Today, vehicles should be parked on the odd side of the street, for example.
- Alley plowing is expected to begin on the evening of Thursday, Feb. 3.
- The sidewalk snow plowing schedule is unknown at this time. When it begins, sidewalks adjacent to arterial roadways and around schools will be cleared first.
- Refuse collection is suspended for the rest of this week.
Local Schools and library:
Skokie Public Library: Is open all day today.
The following colleges/universities are closed today:
- Columbia College Chicago
- DePaul University
- Oakton Community College
- Northeastern University
- Old Orchard Mall is open.
Check the site throughout the day for more local updates. If you got a tip, please leave a comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org