It's Valentine's Day, and you haven't gotten that special someone a gift yet. For starters, don't feel bad - you were probably maximizing your time to think about the perfect gift.
While today is the final deadline, you still have time to make that last minute purchase. And to help, we're here to give you several gift ideas for him or her.
For her -
Clothing / Perfume - They know fashion and you don't. Relax, we got you covered.
- Michael Kors watch - Psst, we got a secret. The hottest women's watch maker right now is Michael Kors, and they're timepieces aren't all that expensive. You can find these at Macy's, Bloomingdales and Nordstrom. Prices range from $89 (there are a lot of styles and this price point would be on sale) to $200. Ask a sales associate for some help picking out the right one.
- Perfume - Jennifer Lopez just came out with a new perfume. Burberry also has a few fragrances that come in some fancy packaging. You could also try Giorgio Armani's Acqua di Gioia for her. Bundle this with some candles, chocolate and a card and you're set.
- Expensive Cotton Sheets - My man instinct tells me woman like this sort of thing. Plus, it's a unique gift she'll use every night.
Restaurants - Why not switch it up? Take him out to dinner at these awesome local restaurants.
- Libertad - Want to know Skokie's new hot spot? Look no further than Libertad, a fine-dining Latin restaurant located at 7931 Lincoln Ave. Since opening its doors in early September, the restaurant has gained quite the following. The restaurant is helmed by Las Palmas' Macros Rivera and chef Armando Gonzalez of Chicago's Bin 36 and MK.
- Eclissi Italian Restaurant - Skokie’s food scene has a hidden gem in 9-month-old Eclissi Italian Restaurant, which offers an intimate dining experience and large plates of truly excellent food. The tiny spot at 8018 Lincoln Ave. is easy to miss, but showcases a wonderful atmosphere.
- L Woods Tap & Pine Lodge - Who says you can't have fine-dining BBQ? Located near the Skokie-Lincolnwood border, L. Woods serves excellent food and will ensure dinners have a great night out. The restaurant at 7110 N. Lincoln Ave. goes for a woodsy lodge vibe. Don't let that fool you, though, dinner for two with drinks can run you a $100 easy.
Jewelry - Show her how much you love her by spending some serious cash (we joke).
- Tiffany's Bow Ring - This is the newest and hottest ring at Tiffany's. The price starts at $250, but can go up into the thousands.
- Jane Seymour Open Heart Necklace - A lovely design featuring two open hearts. You can get it with diamonds or just plan silver. A lovely necklace that she'll wear for years to come.
- Diamond Earnings - Almost every girl I know wants a pair of diamond earnings. This is a big boy purchase, so expect to drop at least $800.
For Him -
Video Games: Men like video games. We're here to tell you what's hot right now in the world of gaming.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - This is the biggest game ever released. More than 6.5 million copies were sold in the first 24 hours. This game is a military shooter and your boyfriend can release his testerone while playing with friends online.
- Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Does your boyfriend love Lord of the Rings? Or Game of Thrones? This epic fantasy adventure game won Game of the Year from almost every gaming publication on the Internet. It can't disappoint.
- FIFA Soccer 2012 - Soccer fans are very passionate about their sport. See that enthusiasm come to life with FIFA Soccer 2012.
Clothing: All men are created equal. Then they get dressed.
- Nike Air Max Running Shoes - These are the hottest running shoes out right now. They weigh next to nothing and some of the most hardcore runners swear by them. Any active guy would want a pair of these.
- Patagonia Sweater - North Face has been the trendy thing to wear over the last decade. And while we love their gear, Patagonia seems to be the next big thing. Check out their fleeces and sweaters online. They may seem pricey, but you can expect these things to last for the next 20 years.
- Swiss Army Watch - When you think about it, watches are really the only accessory men can wear. Swiss watches come in a variety of styles - from rugged to dress. You can also look at this purchase as an investment, as the price of Swiss movement is only going up. (Side note, for a watch to be classified as Swiss movement, it has to be made in, you guessed it, Switzerland.)
- WiFi Blu Ray Player - These are awesome. You can watch Blu Ray movies and stream Netflix on your TV. They usually retail for about $120 - $250, depending on which model you get.
- Wireless Headphones - Is your guy really into movies or videogames? Then consider getting him a pair of wireless headphones.
- Playstation 3 - Want a Blu Ray player, Netflix ready device and ultimate gaming console all in one? Then get a Playstation 3. Even if your boyfriend doesn't play games, they'll still appreciate this excellent digital media device.
Do you have any gift ideas to share? Please post them below!