Woman Released on Bond After Causing Crash That Killed Boy
Hanin Goma, 23, of Skokie, is alleged to have caused a crash that killed 9-year-old Carter Vo. Goma's family paid $25,000 to have her released on bond Thursday.
Hanin Goma, the 23-year-old that allegedly caused a car accident that resulted in the death of 9-year-old Carter Vo, was released on bond Thursday at the Skokie Courthouse.
Goma, of Skokie, is said to have been involved in a second, different accident earlier this year. In that instance, Goma is alleged to have left the scene of an accident, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Her attorney, Michael Goggin, told the judge that Goma’s extended family raised 10 percent of her $250,000 bond, the Tribune reported.
See what others are saying: School Traffic Safety Update
On July 9, Goma plead not guilty at the Skokie Courthouse. Goma is charged with one count of aggravated driving under the influence of drugs resulting in a death.
Goma was arrested after allegedly causing an accident on May 21 at the intersection of Main Street and St. Louis Avenue. Goma had just finished her shift working as a cashier at Grecian Kitchen in Skokie. Goma then made a right turn to head eastbound on Main Street when another vehicle struck her car. Goma's vehicle would ultimately lose control and hit Vo who was across the street on his bicycle.
It was later reveled that Goma had amphetamines and marijuana in her system at the time of the crash, according to police.
Read our previous coverage -
- Gallery: Community Honors Carter Vo
- Woman Pleads ‘Not Guilty’ in Crash That Killed Boy
- D69 to Host Carter Vo Memorial Ride
- D69 Community Hosts Carter Vo Fundraiser
- D69 Seeks Donations for Vo Memorial Ride
- Middleton Crosswalk Petition Raises Bigger Safety Concerns
- Skokie Woman Charged in Fatal Crash That Killed Boy
- Police Chief, Village Discuss Crime at Skokie Voice Forum
- Poll: How Should the Village Handle Crosswalk Safety Concerns?
- Village Looks to Improve Safety in Light of Tragedy
- Skokie Woman Indicted for Crash That Killed 8-Year-Old Boy
- Woman in Custody for Skokie Boy's Death
- BREAKING - Child Killed After Being Hit By Vehicle