Invite a friend
Creative Writer's Showcase
Our Creative Writers Group, led by John Taylor, ends the summer season with their annual showcase program on August 26th. We’ll again be entertained by a stirring medley of original stories, essays, memoirs, and poems by several of our talented members and friends. A rehearsed program, there will be no open mike. Printed copies of the presentations will be available for sale.
Please join us for Coffee Hour after the talk.
All are welcome to our EHS Sunday programs, which are free and open to the public, and childcare is available.
Ethical Humanist Society of Chicago
7574 N. Lincoln Ave (at Howard, attached and street parking)
Skokie, Illinois 60077
Office phone: 847-677-3334
More About Ethical Humanist Society
Founded in 1882, The Ethical Humanist Society (EHS) bills itself as, "a democratic fellowship and spiritual home for those who seek a rational, compassionate philosophy of life without regard to belief or nonbelief in a supreme being."
Similar in some respects to Universal Unitarianism, the EHS consists of a speaker giving a presentation on an issue of the day. The group has been at its current location for more than a decade.
Chicago philanthropist Jane Addams is probably among the most famous EHS board lecturers, having served as a speaker for many years.
To see Skokie Patch's coverage on the EHS, click here or scroll down below.
Other events here
- Second Saturday Coffeehouse: Maxwell Street Klezmer Band Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Will We Avoid the Energy Trap? Sun, Jun 9, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Views of Leading Economists on Public Policy Sun, Jun 16, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Paris Conference of 1919: Peace or a Prelude to War? Sun, Jun 23, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Life Lessons from Great Storytellers Sun, Jun 30, 10:30 am–12:00 pm