Invite a friend
FILM DOUBLE FEATURE: Caitlin Plays Herself and Marriage Material
Chicago Premiere of a Joe Swanberg Double Feature; Joe Swanberg and Caitlin Stainken will appear In Person!
Co-presented by Chicago Filmmakers
Prolific local filmmaker Joe Swanberg premieres two new films about young relationships in flux. In “Marriage Material” (2012, 55 min.), a young couple, played by Kentucker Audley and Caroline White, babysit for visiting friends, played by Joe and Kris Swanberg and their son Jude, at their home in Memphis. The simple favor gradually opens a Pandora’s box of issues about marriage, family and commitment that leads them to reckon with their future together. In “Caitlin Plays Herself” (2011, 58 min.), a young actress, played by Neo-Futurist member Caitlin Stainken, struggles to break out of a chronic holding pattern embodied by a casual boyfriend who likes being intimate but dislikes her provocative performances. Both films display Swanberg’s distinctive improvisational style where casual scenarios and everyday characters are embedded with contemporary truths.
Friday, July 6 at 7pm. Tickets are $10.
|Where||Gorilla Tango Theatre 7924 Lincoln Ave, Skokie, IL 60077|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:30 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Everyone, Seniors|
More About Gorilla Tango Theatre
Gorilla Tango Theatre offers sketch, improv comedy and burlesque shows and family events. Affordable wine and beer are sold in the lobby. Improv and burlesque classes are also offered for aspiring performers.
Other events here
- Charles Troy Presents: Gilbert, Sullivan and HMS Pinafore Daily, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm
- The Odd Couple (Female Version) Weekly on Fridays and Saturdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Falling Man Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 pm–10:00 pm
- The Meshuganas Sat, May 25, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- HOLY BOUNCING BOOBIES! A Batman Burlesque Weekly on Saturdays, 9:00 pm–10:00 pm
- AUDITIONS: Fantastic Folktales Sun, May 26, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Audition: Seeking Youth Actors for Peter Pan Sat, Jun 8, 3:00 pm–5:00 pm