Invite a friend
FREE Family Education Workshop-Alzheimer's Disease or Other Dementias
Home Instead Senior Care's Family Education Workshop Series:
Are you caring for an aging parent or relative with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias?
Beginning in August of 2012, Home Instead Senior Care of Skokie will be offering a series of free educational workshops on Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. These four workshops are open to the public, and focus on helping families understand the disease, as well as learn strategies and techniques for managing challenging behaviors. The series includes four workshops that will be led by Tania Herbert, a trained professional from our office, who also administers a more in-depth Alzheimer's & Dementia training to our company's CAREGivers. Family caregivers can attend all or any combination of the free workshops offered. See below for details:
Workshop 1: Alzheimer's Disease or Other Dementias
DATE: Thursday, August 30th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
This workshop will help you: Learn about the causes of Alzheimer's disease or other dementias, recognize the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, and discover how Alzheimer's disease and other dementias are diagnosed. Understand more about the behaviors that can be caused by the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Workshop 2: Capturing Life's JourneySM
DATE: Thursday, September 27th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Workshop 3: Techniques to Handle Challenging Behaviors
DATE: Thursday, October 25th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Workshop 4: Activities to Encourage Engagement
DATE: Thursday, November 29th, 6:30pm - 8:00pm
|Where||Wilmette Public Library 1242 Wilmette Ave, Wilmette, IL 60091|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Moms, Dads, Everyone, Families, Seniors|
More About Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library is a vital part of the community backbone. WPL offers an extensive collection of books, journals, microfilms, CDs, videos and more for all ages. Several classes and literary groups, including Senior Book Talks, Current Events Roundtable and Computer courses are available to residents.
The first collection of books for the public began in 1880 as a gift from a Wilmette literary society. Wilmette Public Library has stood at its present location since 1905 when a generous grant from Andrew Carnegie helped make free libraries available to all.
Other events here
- Finding Balance in an Unbalanced World Weekly on Thursdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 7, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / June 25, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Current Events Roundtable May 6, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 3, 2013 / June 17, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Korean/Vietnam Roundtable May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- ADHD Support Group May 1, 2013 / June 5, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:45 pm
- Senior Health Insurance Counseling Thu, Jun 6, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- A Visit from Mary Todd Lincoln Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Reverse Mortgages: What the TV Ads Don’t Tell You Tue, Jun 11, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Diabetes Support Group Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- FREE Mentoring for Small Businesses and Start Ups May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm