Invite a friend
Piano Pieces Inspired by Animals
Rosa Julstrom, a Society member and retired teacher-pianist, presents a program of “Piano Pieces Inspired by Animals" on July 22nd. Composers will include Clifford A. Julstrom, Jacques Ibert, Camille Saint-Saens, Robert Schumann, and Edvard Grieg. Rosa will be joined by her son, Society president Steve Julstrom, on violin.
Please join us for Coffee Hour after the talk.
All are welcome to our EHS Sunday programs, which are free and open to the public.
Ethical Humanist Society of Chicago
7574 N. Lincoln Ave (at Howard, attached and street parking)
Skokie, Illinois 60077
Office phone: 847-677-3334
More About Ethical Humanist Society
Founded in 1882, The Ethical Humanist Society (EHS) bills itself as, "a democratic fellowship and spiritual home for those who seek a rational, compassionate philosophy of life without regard to belief or nonbelief in a supreme being."
Similar in some respects to Universal Unitarianism, the EHS consists of a speaker giving a presentation on an issue of the day. The group has been at its current location for more than a decade.
Chicago philanthropist Jane Addams is probably among the most famous EHS board lecturers, having served as a speaker for many years.
To see Skokie Patch's coverage on the EHS, click here or scroll down below.
Other events here
- Second Saturday Coffeehouse: Maxwell Street Klezmer Band Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Will We Avoid the Energy Trap? Sun, Jun 9, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Views of Leading Economists on Public Policy Sun, Jun 16, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Paris Conference of 1919: Peace or a Prelude to War? Sun, Jun 23, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Life Lessons from Great Storytellers Sun, Jun 30, 10:30 am–12:00 pm