Invite a friend
Second Saturday Coffeehouse: Bittersweet Christmas Band
Our popular Second Saturday Coffeehouse, hosted by Vicki Elberfeld, is on December 8th at 8 p.m. Featured once again is the Bittersweet Christmas Band. On guitar, drum,
dulcimer, and pennywhistle, musicians Cooper, Nelson, and Early, will join songwriter Susan Urban with many perspectives on the holiday season, from the reverent to the
Hosted by Vicki Elberfeld.
|Where||Ethical Humanist Society 7574 Lincoln Ave, Skokie, IL 60077|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 pm–10:00 pm|
|Price||$An $8.00 minimum donation includes coffee and pastries.|
More About Ethical Humanist Society
Founded in 1882, The Ethical Humanist Society (EHS) bills itself as, "a democratic fellowship and spiritual home for those who seek a rational, compassionate philosophy of life without regard to belief or nonbelief in a supreme being."
Similar in some respects to Universal Unitarianism, the EHS consists of a speaker giving a presentation on an issue of the day. The group has been at its current location for more than a decade.
Chicago philanthropist Jane Addams is probably among the most famous EHS board lecturers, having served as a speaker for many years.
To see Skokie Patch's coverage on the EHS, click here or scroll down below.
Other events here
- Second Saturday Coffeehouse: Maxwell Street Klezmer Band Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Will We Avoid the Energy Trap? Sun, Jun 9, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Views of Leading Economists on Public Policy Sun, Jun 16, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Paris Conference of 1919: Peace or a Prelude to War? Sun, Jun 23, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Life Lessons from Great Storytellers Sun, Jun 30, 10:30 am–12:00 pm