Invite a friend
Our Annual Winter Festival is on December 16th. Tom Hoeppner and Mignon De Klerk will lead us in our traditional celebration of the winter solstice. We’ll enjoy a candle-lighting ceremony, decoration of a “mitten tree,” group singing, and musical performances and a short play by our children. Your donations of new winter clothing and non-perishable food items will adorn the tree and be passed on to those in need. Serving of refreshments will start early, at 9:45.
Please join us for Coffee Hour after the program.
All are welcome to our EHS Sunday programs, which are free and open to the public, and childcare is available.
|Where||Ethical Humanist Society 7574 Lincoln Ave, Skokie, IL 60077 (At Howard; attached and street parking)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:30 am–12:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Families|
More About Ethical Humanist Society
Founded in 1882, The Ethical Humanist Society (EHS) bills itself as, "a democratic fellowship and spiritual home for those who seek a rational, compassionate philosophy of life without regard to belief or nonbelief in a supreme being."
Similar in some respects to Universal Unitarianism, the EHS consists of a speaker giving a presentation on an issue of the day. The group has been at its current location for more than a decade.
Chicago philanthropist Jane Addams is probably among the most famous EHS board lecturers, having served as a speaker for many years.
To see Skokie Patch's coverage on the EHS, click here or scroll down below.
Other events here
- Second Saturday Coffeehouse: Maxwell Street Klezmer Band Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Will We Avoid the Energy Trap? Sun, Jun 9, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Views of Leading Economists on Public Policy Sun, Jun 16, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- The Paris Conference of 1919: Peace or a Prelude to War? Sun, Jun 23, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Life Lessons from Great Storytellers Sun, Jun 30, 10:30 am–12:00 pm