Here's what's happening Today in Skokie for Tuesday, Sept. 10.
- Power. We're all fascinated by it. Historian Barry Bickford brings the most powerful people on earth--U.S. presidents--to life in a series of four presentations. Using insightful observations and video clips, he'll talk about Eisenhower today at 1 p.m. at the NSSC"s Morton Grove location. Pre-registration recommended.
- Concerned about recycling? Landfills? Where garbage goes? On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, the Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County (SWANCC) wants to hear your opinion in community discussions it's holding.
- Are you over 50? Do you admit it? If so, you're invited to come play in a band--especially if you play(ed) an instrument or were in your high school band. It's Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
- The Skokie Public Arts Advisory Committee meets from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Looking ahead: On Wednesday morning, you may want to head to your nearest Skokie fire station by about 8:45 to 8:50 a.m. Skokie will hold a 9/11 remembrance at 8:58 a.m. at each station. There will be a bell ceremony, and at 9 a.m., a moment of silence. Click here for addresses and more information. All are welcome to attend.
- Get YOUR event featured. List it at skokie.patch.com/events
Get Skokie news in a daily email from Patch