of Skokie has set
Halloween trick-or-treat hours from
3 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 31. Please respect the privacy of homeowners and do not ring doorbells before or after this period. If the outside house light is not on, do not disturb the homeowner by ringing the doorbell.
Help make this Halloween season fun and enjoyable for your kids and neighbors by following these safety tips:
· Choose a costume for your child that will be safe.
· If your child is carrying a prop, make sure it is soft and flexible.
· Treat your kids to a spooky dinner. This will make them less likely to eat their candy until it can be checked.
· Make sure your child is extra cautious when crossing the street.
· Provide a light for your child as it gets dark earlier during the fall season.
For more Halloween safety tips, visit www.skokie.org or contact the Village Manager’s Office at 847/933-8210.