scheduled yard waste collection for the 2013 season concludes after the
November 13, 2013 collection. On Monday, October 14, 2013, the Village begins
its annual leaf collection program that continues through early December,
Instead of bagging, or for those who do not mulch leaves, residents may rake leaves into the street next to the curb in front of their home. Residents are reminded not to place their leaves in the street prior to the beginning of the leaf collection season. As weather permits, Village crews make rounds throughout Skokie collecting the leaves on a five to seven day basis.
Please follow these tips to insure collection:
• Rake leaves away from parked cars and do not park
on leaf piles.
• Be mindful of fire hydrants and keep them visible.
• Wetting leaves while piled prevents them from blowing
• Do not rake leaves onto or in sewer drains.
• Please do not add grass piles, twigs and branches or
other garden debris to leaf piles as these items can
damage equipment and prevent leaf collection.
For more information on leaf collection, please contact the Public Works Department at 847/933- 8427.