Lightning arrived at C.A.R.E. when one of the children in his family developed allergies. But their loss can be your gain! Here's what this extraordinary gray tabby with green-gold eyes has to say for himself:
"I'm a social fellow who loves spending time with people. Wherever you are, I'll be there too. I'm nonchalant and I enjoy being petted even more than I enjoy toys. I especially love it when you stroke my cheekbones. I have a secret desire to be a hairdresser and I like to play with your hair and put my paws on your head. Come to C.A.R.E. to meet me and give me a second chance!"
- Domestic Shorthair, 6 years old, Brown Tabby, Neutered male
- ASPCA Feline-ality™ Assessment rating: Purple / Secret Admirer
- Lightning has lived with a dog, so should be okay with a cat-respecting dog. He does not get along with other cats.
- Lightning has lived with children.
- Lightning is microchipped, neutered, and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines. He will be due for a teeth cleaning within the next year.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Lightning?
Please come to C.A.R.E., 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Lightning and speak to an adoption counselor. Adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
Visit C.A.R.E. online for more pet information-- care-evanston.org.
Follow C.A.R.E. on Facebook for more pet updates and news--facebook.com/CAREevanston.