Now that Downtown Skokie's critical mass of restaurants has made it something of a culinary hotspot, food lovers are having their say about it on Yelp.com. The comments are mostly savory, and sometimes sweet.
Earlier: Three Restaurants Coming To Downtown Skokie
Yelpers have given 4-star or 4.5 star ratings to:
- Libertad, the fine-dining Latino fusion spot
- Kabul House, which features not-so-easy-to-find Afghani dishes
- Yolo Mexican Eatery, a much-praised Mexican restaurant;
- Cafe Hanah, which offers sushi and Japanese dishes
- Siunik Armenian Grill, another ethnic find
- Tub Tim Thai, which recently made Chicago Magazine's list of "Top Family Friendly" eateries
- Sweety Pies, a bakery which also serves meals, coffee and pastries
- Annie's Pancake House
Get Skokie news and alerts from Patch in your email. Sign up here.
Virtually all of the restaurants are open for lunch on weekdays, and most of them--with the exception of Annie's and Alexander's--are open evenings and weekends for dinner.
In the coming months, food lovers can expect more culinary adventures in downtown Skokie as three new restaurants open.
They include Blue Agave Mexican Cuisine, operated by a family with roots in the restaurant business; Euro Echo Cafe, which Skokie Patch hopes to profile soon, and Fogos Peri Peri, a Polynesian/Portuguese concept known for its signature marinated, steamed and grilled chicken dish using an African spice known as peri peri.
Like Skokie Patch on Facebook