How many businesses opened and closed in downtown Skokie in the past year? It turns out four opened, three closed, and four are in the process of planning their openings.
Here's a rundown, based on information provided by the Village of Skokie.
From October 2012-October 2013, the following Downtown Skokie businesses were opened:
- Alexander's Breakfast and Lunch, 5025 Oakton Street
- Cafe Hanah, 4907 Oakton Street
- CK Studio Salon and Spa, 8040 Lincoln Avenue
- Duke Medical Supply, 4917 Oakton Street
Anticipated new business openings (under construction or leases signed) by end of 2013 or early 2014:
- Cocomero Yogurt
- Duffy's Lounge (new proprietor)
- Fogos Peri Peri (see Skokie Patch story on Fogos Peri Peri)
- Two North Kitchen and Bar (see Skokie Patch story on Two North)
The following Downtown Skokie businesses that closed (or relocated) from October 2012- October 2013:
- Fash N' Frenz, 5047 Warren Street
- Mystic Fountain, 8056 Lincoln Avenue
- Nirvana Boutique and Spa, 4843 Oakton Street