Do your pets eat Hartz Chicken Chews or Hartz Oinkie Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chickens?
The Hartz Mountain Corp. is voluntarily recalling two brands of its treats because one thirds of the products the company tested contained trace amounts of unapproved antibiotics, according to a company press release.
While the antibiotics are approved for use in poultry in China and other countries, including European Union member countries, they are not approved in the U.S. The trace amounts do not pose health or pet safety risk, the company said in a statement.
If you have these products contact the Hartz Consumer Affairs team at 1-800-275-1414 for a product refund or go to www.hartz.com for additional information.
Products Included in the Recall
All Hartz Chicken Chews Soft and Tenders
- 3.5oz. package UPC Number 32700-11966
- 8oz. package UPC Number 32700-11967
- 16oz package UPC Number 32700-11953
- 24oz package UPC Number 32700-11954
- 20oz package UPC Number 32700-51694
All Hartz Chicken Chews Soft and Tender Bite Sized
- 5.7oz package UPC Number 32700-12856 16oz package UPC Number 32700-12765
- 16oz package UPC Number 32700-12765
All Hartz Oinkies Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken
- 20 pack Pig Skin Twist Sticks UPC Number 32700-13472
- 7 pack Mini Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03330
- 15 pack Mini Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03331
- 5 pack Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03354