Halloween Trick or Treating hours in the village of Skokie are from 3 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31. Please respect the privacy of homeowners and do not ring doorbells before or after this period. Ring doorbells at homes where the outside house light is on; do not disturb homeowners who have no outside lights on.
The village of Skokie offers the following these safety tips:
- Choose a costume for your child that will be safe.
- If your child is carrying a prop, make sure it is soft and flexible.
- Treat your kids to a spooky dinner. This will make them less likely to eat their candy until it can be checked.
- Check the candy they collect.
- Make sure your child is extra cautious when crossing the street.
- Provide a light for your child as it gets dark earlier during the fall season.