- Burglary on the 8500 block of Monticello Avenue, on September 21st , between 4:00 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. Reported: 09/22/13. An unknown person(s) damaged a back door in order to gain entry into the residence. The offender(s) stole a safe and jewelry.
- Residential Burglary on the 9500 block of Lawndale Avenue, between September 21st at 11:00 p.m. and September 22nd at 6:00 a.m. Reported: 09/22/2013. An unknown person(s) entered the home through an unlocked rear door. Various items were reported stolen from the home.
- Theft at 7701 Lincoln, Oakton Community College, on September 18th between 1:45 and 1:50 p.m. Reported: 09/18/2013. An unknown person(s) stole her credit cards and cell phone that were next to her inside a black case.
- Theft at 9800 Lawler Avenue, Niles North High School, on September 18th between 1:45 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. Reported: 09/18/2013. An unknown person(s) stole a black Iphone 4 from the boy’s locker room.
- Theft at 5300 Old Orchard Road, Lifetime Fitness, on September 19th at 4:26 p.m. Reported: 09/19/2013.An unknown person(s) stole an Apple IPhone 5 while the victim was inside the men’s locker room.
- Retail Theft at 4861 Oakton Street, Eurostyle Deli Liquor, on September 18th at 2:33 p.m. Reported: 09/18/2013.A male black approximately 25 years old with reddish/gold colored dreads, was observed stealing a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka from the store.
Criminal Trespass to Property
- Criminal Trespass to Property on the 8800 block of Lavergne on September 18th at 8:48 p.m. Reported: 09/18/2013. An unknown person(s) described as a male white, bald, approximately 6 feet, 200 lbs., opened the unlocked front door to the residence and stepped inside. When the person saw that there were people inside he walked out.
Criminal Defacement of Property
- Criminal Defacement of Property at 4016 Church Street, Ok Cleaners, on September 19th at 9:11 p.m. Reported: 09/19/2013. An unknown person(s) used a marking device to write illegible markings on the east side of the business.
Criminal Damage to Property
- Criminal Damage to Property on the 7700 block of Austin Avenue, between September 17th at 5:30 p.m. and September 18th at 7:00 a.m. Reported: 09/18/2013. An unknown person(s) broke out the windows of several junked vehicles.
- Criminal Damage to Property on the 9400 block of Lawler Avenue, on September 18th between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. Reported: 09/18/2013. An unknown person(s) broke the glass on the screen door.
- Criminal Damage to Property on the 4800 block of Elm Street, on September 19th between 1:15 a.m. and 1:25 a.m. Reported: 09/19/2013. A witness overheard a loud sound coming from the adjacent rear yard. She told police that when she looked outside she observed a male white subject approximately 5’ 4” – 5’ 5” tall, slim build, wearing a red baseball cap and a white shirt, leaning a construction ladder against the back of the building. The witness said they also noticed at that time a Skokie police car coming through the alleyway. The subject then took off running northbound and the witness called 911.
Theft of Lost Property
- Theft of Lost Property between September 11th at 12:00 p.m. and September 12th 12:00 p.m. Reported: 09/19/2013. An unknown person(s) stole the victim’s wallet containing credit cards and other items, after he believes he dropped the wallet in the area of 5200 Dempster.
Motor Vehicle Theft
- Motor Vehicle Theft at 7555 Linder, Lakeshore Athletic Services, between September 18th at 11:00 p.m. and September 19th at 7:00 a.m. Reported: 09/19/2013. An unknown person(s) stole a Black Flat Horse Creek trailer and a John Deer Gator tractor.
- Cervantes, Benjamin, 40, 1232 S. 58th Avenue, Cicero, was arrested for Driving with No Driver’s License on the 5100 block of Church Street, on 09/18/2013.
- Elkin, Yuriy, 27, 8110 Keating Avenue, was arrested for driving on a Suspended/Revoked Driver’s License on the 4000 block of Oakton Street, on 09/18/2013.
- Kendall, Marian, 28, 8220 Hamlin Avenue, 28, was arrested for Driving Under the Influence of Drugs on the 9600 block of Gross Point Road., on 09/19/2013.
Stay informed. Sign up to get Skokie news in a free daily email from Patch.