The following information was provided by the Skokie Police Department and Village of Skokie.
Burglary from Motor Vehicle
- Burglary from Motor Vehicle on the 4100 block of Skokiana Terrace, between September15th at 9:00 p.m. and September 16th at 7:00 a.m. Reported: 09/16/2013 An unknown person(s) entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a gym bag and approximately $7.00. Reported: 09/16/2013.
- Residential Burglary on the 9400 block of Lawndale Avenue, between September 13th at 7:00 p.m. and September 14th at 11:00 a.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. An unknown person(s) entered the residence through an unlocked rear door and stole cash from the victim’s wallet while he was sleeping.
- Theft at 3220 Oakton Street, Chicago Rowing, between September 14th at 1:00 p.m. and September 16th at 4:30 a.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. An unknown person(s) stole a green launching boat from an unlocked fence.
- Theft on the 8100 block of Elmwood Street, on September 15th between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. An unknown person (s) stole a black and red men’s Trek bike from the rear porch.
- Theft at 7000 Carpenter Road, AMC Showplace Theater, on September 16th between 10:43 p.m. and 10:49 p.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. A taxi driver reported dropping off four subjects on the west side of the parking lot when one of the subjects grabbed his Apple iPhone from the center console. The subject that grabbed his phone was described as male Hispanic or male black 17 to 21 years of age wearing a brown shirt. Another male subject was described as Hispanic wearing a white or grey coat and two female white subjects wearing blue shirts. The subjects were last seen going east bound toward Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Retail Theft at 8357 Skokie Boulevard, Seven Eleven, on September 16th between 11:51 p.m. and 11:56 p.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. An unknown subject described as a male black between 16 – 18 years old with long frizzy hair and a goatee, wearing a reversed white baseball cap, light colored sweatshirt with horizontal dark colored stripes, light colored khakis, white sneakers with dark colored shoe laces, stole several donuts and Muscle Milk from the store.
Theft of Motor Vehicle Parts/ Accessories
- Theft of Motor Vehicle Parts/Accessories on the 9000 block of Laramie Avenue, between September 12th at 1:00 p.m. and September 13th at 11:00 a.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. An unknown person(s) stole a catalytic converter from a Chevrolet Cavalier.
- Battery at 8800 Gross Point Road, Dunkin Donuts, on September 16th at 1:30 a.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. The victim reported to Skokie Police that a person known only to him as “John” walked up to him while he was in the patio area of Dunkin Donuts and punched him in the face four times with a closed fist. The victim told police that he does not want to sign complaints.
Criminal Trespass to Property
- Criminal Trespass to Property on the 5200 block of Howard Street, on September 15th between 8:40 p.m. and 8:42 p.m. Reported: 09/16/2013. A homeowner reported that the neighbors keep going on her property without her permission.
- Fine, Joseph I., 64, 6000 block of North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, was arrested for Trespass to Property on the 9700 block of Gross Point Rd., on 09/16/2013.
- Vazquez, Andy R., 18, Highwood, was charged with Driving with No Valid Driver’s License on the 4700 block of Dempster on 09/16/2013.
Like Skokie Patch on Facebook