The following information comes from Skokie Police Department reports and the village of Skokie.
Like Skokie Patch on Facebook and sign up to receive Skokie news in a free daily email from Patch
- Theft on the 8300 block of Niles Center Road, between September 27th at 6:00 p.m. and September 29th at 11:00 a.m. Reported: 10/04/2013. An unknown person(s) stole a large red container containing soccer equipment.
- Retail Theft at 9725 Skokie Boulevard, AT&T, on October 4th between 1:00 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. Reported: 10/04/2013. An unknown person(s) removed a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from the display at the store.
- Deceptive Practices on the 4700 block of Dempster Street, on October 3rd between 12:30 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. Reported: 10/04/2013. An unknown person instructed the victim that her bank account was being tampered with and that she needed to take out $6,600 and turn it over to his accomplice in a parking lot. The man that she turned the cash over to is described as a male white, grey hair 6’ tall with a stocky build.
- Burglary on the 8900 block of Lavergne Avenue, between October 3rd at 12:00 p.m. and October 4th at 8:00 p.m. Reported: 10/04/2013. An unknown person(s) entered the locked basement common area and removed an unsecured Black Tony Hawk BMX style bicycle.
- Burglary on the 9800 block of Woods Drive, between October 3rd at 9:30 and October 4th at 4:30 a.m. Reported: 10/04/2013. An unknown person(s) attempted to gain entry through the shipping door but was unsuccessful.
Criminal Damage to Property
- Criminal Damage to Property on the 8000 block of Keating Avenue, between October 3rd at 5:30 and October 4th at 11:45 a.m. Reported: 10/04/2013. An unknown person(s) used a sharp object to scratch a Volkswagen.