Skokie is one of 34 municipalities in need of bilingual election judges for the upcoming March 20 elections, according to Cook County Clerk David Orr.
"Clerk David Orr is recruiting about 75 bilingual election judges who are fluent in English and Spanish to work in suburban Cook County precincts," according to a statement from Orr's office.
Interested in the job? You can fill out an application online or call (312) 603-0965.
Judges receive $170 for completing a 3-hour training session and working on from 5 a.m. until 7 p.m. on election day. Duties include the following:
- open polling places
- certify that voters are registered and qualified to vote
- explain election procedures
- issue ballots and activate cards for the touch screens
- operate election equipment
- transmit votes at the end of the day.
Stay tuned for more election coverage. Like Skokie Patch on Facebook to join the political debate.