Many roads in downtown Skokie are closed this week due to the downtown construction project. The village of Skokie released the following information:
Road closures are in place from August 12 through 26 in Downtown Skokie in order to properly install the high-visibility colored crosswalks at intersections in the Lincoln Avenue corridor.
Several complete or partial road closures or lane reductions will be necessary during August:
- Lincoln Avenue from Galitz Street to Niles Center Road – lane reductions from August 12 through 26; one lane of traffic maintained in each direction
- Niles Center Road – closed at Lincoln Avenue from August 12 through 19. Niles Center Road at Lincoln Avenue could remain closed through August 26 if warranted by traffic safety issues Detour signs will be posted.
- Brown Street - closed at Lincoln Avenue from August 12 through 19
- Warren Street - closed at Lincoln Avenue from August 19 through 26
- Galitz Street - closed at Lincoln Avenue from August 12 through 19. There will be no parking on Lincoln Avenue, east or west side, from Galitz Street to Niles Center Road from August 19 through 26. The final layer of asphalt will be installed on Lincoln Avenue and Brown Street after August 26.
- In addition, Oakton Street will be closed between Lincoln and Laramie Avenues for the annual Backlot Bash from 10 a.m. on Friday, August 23 to 2 a.m. on Monday, August 26.
- The construction schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and other variables.
Like Patch on Facebook