C.A.R.E. dog Rose is a chestnut-red terrier mix, who volunteers describe as "a sweet, curious girl with an expressive face." Rose can be shy and gentle during quiet time, or rambunctious when play time arrives.
Rose is so eager to please that she learns quickly. She's already a good way through the Polite Dog lexicon--she knows how to walk on a leash, give paw, sit, lie down and more.
Rose's 'Dream Family' would have people (kids should be 12 and over) who can be sensitive to her shy side but also appreciate her exuberant side. The right dog companion could be great--but since she loves to chase cats, no felines or other small animals, please.
With a little guidance and a lot of love, Rose will be an affectionate and steadfast companion you’ll be proud to have by your side.
- ASPCA Canine-ality™ Assessment rating: Green / Go-Getter
- Rose weighs about 65 lbs.
- Rose will do best in a home where any children are aged 12 and up, due to her size and enthusiasm.
- No cats, no small animals--Rose's high prey drive makes her chase anything small and fast-moving.
- Dog Obedience Group classes required.
- Housebreaking: Rose has occasional accidents, but with consistent training will quickly catch on.
- Rose is spayed, microchipped and has had a full veterinary checkup and vaccines.
C.A.R.E. to Meet Rose?
Please come to C.A.R.E. Evanston Animal Shelter, 2310 Oakton St., Evanston, to meet Rose, and speak to an adoption counselor. Adoption hours are Monday through Thursday, 6-8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, noon-3:30 p.m.
'Like' C.A.R.E. on Facebook for more pet updates and news.