- It's National Fire Prevention Week. Did you make your family escape plan yet, with a defined place to meet after all are out? Did you change your smoke detector batteries? Here are some tips.
- The Skokie Village Board meets at 8 p.m. Monday at Village Hall.
- If you love opera, you know it's the bicentennial of both Wagner and Verdi's birth. Dr. Michael Dreyer speaks to the University Guild about "Verdi: His Life and Politics." Monday at 1:30.
- Worried about flooding? Come to a "community conversation" Tuesday at 7 p.m. with Mayor George Van Dusen, Trustee Karen Gray-Keeler and village staff. They'll review Skokie's storm water management, the regional flood control system and options for home flood control systems. At the Curragh Irish Pub, 8266 Lincoln Avenue, Skokie.
- Watch to see a live wolf, coyote, skunk, porcupine and more? Big Run Wolf Ranch, which is all about education and conservation, brings these animals to Emily Oaks Nature Center Saturday at 10 a.m.
- On Sunday, there's a Home and Safety Fair at Oakton Community College's Skokie Campus. Learn to protect your family against ID theft, crime, fires and more; and protect your kids against cyberbullying.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something