- There will be no garbage collection Monday, Jan. 20 for the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. Click here to see the garbage collection schedule in Skokie.
- The Skokie Village Board meeting, which is usually held on a Monday night, moves to Tuesday at 8 p.m. to accommodate the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday.
- Explore dark energy Wednesday at the Niles West High School observatory. Yes, we know it sounds kind of creepy sci-fi, but it's actually an astronomy talk on dark matter by a University of Chicago professor. 6 to 8 p.m. at the observatory, in the south parking lot.
- On Thursday, a Skokie native stars in "Young Frankenstein" at the Drury Lane Theater in Oakbrook.
- As Janet Yellen prepares to take the helm, learn about "The Federal Reserve: What It Does and the Power It Wields," Thursday at NSSC.
Between 4 to 8 Inches of Snow Expected Tuesday…
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something