- Do you love food? Are you a locavore, or a foodie? Join the Morton Grove and Skokie libraries for a book discussion of American Terroir, which talks about how local climates affect the taste of foods. At the Curragh Irish Pub in Skokie, Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- Many downtown Skokie streets will be closed this week due to construction, including parts of Lincoln Avenue and Niles Center Road. Get the details for your commute.
- Perhaps you saw the Time magazine cover about the decline of honeybees being disastrous for our food supplies. Skokie has two homeowners who keep beehives, but a proposal at Monday's 8 p.m. village board meeting would outlaw backyard hives and establish a community apiary where people interested in beekeeping could maintain hives.
- The big news of the week--Skokie will close down Oakton Street in downtown Skokie Friday through Sunday for the annual Backlot Bash, a festival people of all ages can rock out to.
- Niles North and Niles West High Schools start school Tuesday with a half-day of classes.
Like Skokie Patch on Facebook