- Monday, Sept. 16 is National Guacamole Day. Dine out with guac and a margarita, or make this delicious version at home.
- Want to learn about crowdfunding? It's revolutionizing the way artists, inventors, etc., can get products to market. A father and daughter tell how they did it at 7 p.m. Monday at the Skokie Library.
- Skokie's village board meets Monday at 8 p.m. There will be a presentation from the North Shore Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Constitution Week begins Tuesday, Sept. 17. Daughters of the American Revolution representatives from local chapters are appearing before village boards to commemorate the occasion.
- Enjoy reading? How about a beer on tap? Combine them at the Morton Grove Library holds a book discussion of "Kindred" by Octavia Butler at the Curragh Irish Pub in Skokie Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- A Veterans Job Fair takes place Friday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.in Lake Zurich.
- Sunday, Sept. 22 is Car-Free Day in Skokie, when residents are encouraged to save gas and keep the air cleaner by biking, walking or taking the Yellow Line or other public transit to get around.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something