- At the edge of a forest sits a village of miniature houses, decrepit, sagging and with peeling paint. It's scary all year long, but at Halloween, it's the perfect place for the Haunted Hike, with proceeds going to the Boy Scouts. It starts at 7 p.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday, with a kids' version from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. $6-$7. 2000 E. Algonquin, Des Plaines.
- Old and expired prescription drugs are too dangerous to leave lying around. Bring them to Drug Takeback Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Skokie Police Station, 7300 N.Niles Center Road, Skokie.
- If I were a kid, I would be so excited about Halloween in Downtown Skokie on Saturday. You get to ride on a hayride from the parking lot (Illinois Science and Technology Park) to the Halloween Market at Oakton and Floral. There will be pumpkin decorating, kids' activities, a spooky fun house and trick or treating. Noon to 4 p.m.
- A not-so-scary, Trick or Treat version of Fear City is taking place from 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the famous haunted house on Austin in Morton Grove. It will include face painting, a bounce house and kids' activities. $6.
- Scream Scene is having a kids' event from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Saturday at the haunted house in Oakton Park, 4701 W. Oakton, Skokie. Come for the scarier version at night.
- Regina Dominican High School invites 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls and their families to an open house Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the girls' high school, 701 Locust Road, Wilmette. You'll get a personalized tour and meet faculty, students, parents and coaches.
- Too cold for you? Have "A Midsummer Night's Dream," at Edge of the Wood Theater, which is just south of Touhy Ave. at 6736 N. Loleta, Chicago (near Niles and Skokie). It features crazy lovers, magical fairies, and working stiffs looking for their big break in the theatre, is part of the Resident Theatre’s inaugural season and features 22 actors.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something