- Want to see cool, sophisticated theater close to home? The Chicago Fringe Festival is running plays all weekend in Chicago's Jefferson Park neighborhood, just five minutes south of Niles, straight down Milwaukee Avenue. What a relief! Jefferson Park was so uncool for many years, but a fringe theater festival makes it positively hipster.
- Like blues music? Corky Siegel's Chamber Blues plays at SPACE in Evanston at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- The Taste of Polonia returns to the Copernicus Center in Chicago's Jefferson Park neighborhood. There will be many genres of music on several stages, including a kids' stage; Nick's Casino, food and cultural activities. Should you go? Tak tak!
- People come here from other countries to hear the world's best jazz, which you can take in on Chicago's beautiful lakefront, Friday through Sunday. The Chicago Jazz Festival. It's free. Does life get any better?
- Buffalo Grove Days runs through Monday in this burb that straddles the Cook County-Lake County border. A nice touch: On Monday from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., the carnival is open exclusively to people with disabilities. Haley Reinhart, a Wheeling resident who was an American Idol finalist in 2011, is headlining.
Like Skokie Patch on Facebook