Emily Oaks Nature Center
Emily Oaks Nature Center features a 13-acre nature park originally named Emily Park. The park includes two trails that extend into a wooded area to the north and east of the actual center. The center itself hosts an information desk and contains rooms where children's educational classes are held. The center also holds an annual plant sale in the spring and has a multitude of other events throughout the year (events are listed on the website).
Close to the nature preserve is a children's play area that includes a jungle gym, and swings and slides. The play area is directly opposite the parking lot that extends south of the center.
- Fax: 847-674-9201
- Hours: Park hours: sunrise to sundown; nature; center hours: Mon - Friday 8am - 5pm; Sat, 8am - 4pm; Sun,10am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Park entrance is level with the sidewalk; some park paths are paved.
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1929
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: Ranger, Restrooms
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No outside food, No pets, No smoking