Box Office: 847-673-6300 II Administrative Offices: 847-679-9501
The North Shore Center for Performing Arts in Skokie is the premier performance venue on Chicago's North Shore.
The North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie is a dynamic two-theater complex designed by Boston-based architect Graham Gund.
The North Shore Center opened in November 1996 to operate as part of the Village of Skokie’s plan to provide cultural, literary and educational programs to benefit the citizens of Skokie and Chicago’s North Shore. The facility features an 867-seat main theater, and a convertible 342-seat theater.
In addition, there is a 6,000 square foot grand lobby, rehearsal hall and conference rooms. The North Shore Center presents a Feature Series and the curriculum-based Youtheatre program, which has provided supplemental arts education to over a million Chicago area students.
The North Shore Center is home to the Northlight Theatre, Skokie Valley Symphony, Ars Viva Symphony Orchestra and hosts numerous other cultural and special events. The North Shore Center is managed by Professional Facilities Management, Inc.
- Hours: Box Office Hours: Mon - Fri: 10am - 6pm; Sat: 12noon - 5pm; Sun: Closed
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance has a ramp; handicapped-accessible seating
- Founding Date: 1996
- Ticket information: Call (847) 673-6300 www.NorthShoreCenter.org
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.northshorecenter.org/
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Music specialties: Blues, Classical, Folk, Jazz, Latin, Rock
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: Lewis Black, The Capitol Steps, Bill Cosby, Kathy Griffin, Joffrey Ballet, Queen Latifah, Bill Maher, Rita Moreno, Bob Newhart, Paula Poundstone, Neil Sedaka, Mavis Staples, Twyla Tharp Dance Company.