The Village Art School is a private art school started by the Abbrescia brothers in 1968. Joe Abbrescia, a fine art artist studied at The Art Institute of Chicago and completed his training at the American Academy of Art. He painted all over the world and is well know for his western oil paintings. Joe was a feature artist for Glacier National Park. Village Art School served as his Chicago gallery.
Dominic Abbrescia operates the school and does art restoration. The school currently has four accomplished instructors teaching group class to adults and children in the American Art methods. Framing services are also available.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 7pm; Sat, 9am - 4pm; Fri, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped Accessible
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1968
- Number of students: 120
- Male-to-female ratio: 40:60
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11:1 for youth classes; no more than 15 students in adult classes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 4