Young Israel of Skokie celebrates a branch of Judaism with a focus on Modern Orthodoxy, a movement which was originally founded around the turn of the century to prevent newly arrived Jewish immigrants from being absorbed into American society and losing their identity. This Skokie synagogue's modern day incarnation of Young Israel has offered religious education since 1994. The organization moved into its current space in 1998, and currently uses the synagogue to provide educational, religious, social, spiritual and communal programming. For more information about the programs offered, visit the Young Israel of Skokie Web site.
- Hours: See Web site for complete worship schedule
- Handicap Accessible: Street level access
- Founding Date: Jun 01 1996
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Jewish - Orthodox
- Congregation size: 100
- Services: Study groups, Youth programs